Proposals should address all components of the program as articulated in the Caregiver Navigation Toolkit in some manner and meet the objective of integrating family caregivers in the system of care. Projects may build on existing models already in place within the hospital system. In addition, priority will be given to projects that:
- Identify and incorporate specific system and provider interaction and engagement with family caregivers;
- Identify and engage key stakeholders and, wherever possible, incorporate the perspective of family caregivers;
- Build on existing organizational and community strengths;
- Demonstrate collaboration and the willingness to be more effective by working together within the hospital system and in the community;
- Address the needs of culturally diverse family caregivers;
- Commit to developing a sustainability plan for the project.
Family Caregiver Navigation Awards are intended to support:
- Direct or indirect expenses related to implementation of a family caregiver navigation project.
Family Caregiver Navigation awards are NOT intended to support:
- On-going existing programs
- General operating support
- Fundraising events
- Expenses occurred prior to the grant date
- Endowment funds
- Religious or political activities
- Organizations that are not in good standing with the IRS
Note: Evaluation expenses will be funded separately from individual grants, although budgets may include staff participation in the evaluation activities. MOU’s with community-based organizations that are providing services must be in place prior to receiving funding. A sample MOU form can be found here.
Submission deadline: Monday, September 30, 2019.
Interviews will be held in late October. Awards will be announced in December 2019.
- Download the VCCF Grant Request Form in the Application section below. Complete the form and save it with your organizations name, i.e. “YourOrgName-FCN-Grant-Request-Form.pdf” Upload the form to the file field in the application below.
- Upload the most recent copies of your audit and Form 990 (required by nonprofits) in the application below.
- If your organization already has MOU’s in place with community-based organizations who will be participating in the project, upload copies in the application below.
- Answer all of the questions in the application questionnaire. We recommend that you write out your answers in seperate document to avoid losing your work in the event that you accidentally exit the application. Then, simply copy and paste your responses into the application.
- Submit your application after all fields have been completed and all required attachments have been uploaded.
If the hospital doesn’t have 501(c)(3) status, please contact Jeffrey Lambert, Chief Operating Officer, Ventura County Community Foundation, prior to submitting your proposal.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (805) 330-6675
Click here to download the VCCF Grant Request Form.
- Complete the form and save it with your organizations name, i.e. “YourOrgName-FCN-Grant-Request-Form.pdf”
- Upload the completed Grant Request Form here:
For funding questions, please contact Jeffrey Lambert, Chief Operating Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (805) 330-6675
For program design technical assistance, please contact Kathleen Sullivan, PhD, RN, Vice President of Post-Acute Care Services, Dignity Health, Central Coast Region. Email: email@example.com Phone: (805) 739-3831
For questions about the Hospital Association of Southern California’s role in the project, please contact Audra Strickland, Regional Vice President, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties, Hospital Association of Southern California. Email: Astrickland@hasc.org Phone: (805) 679-1717.