GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
Purpose: VCCF’s Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden and Urgent Needs Effort Fund is to respond to immediate and/or unanticipated needs resulting from the Hill and Woolsey Fires. The Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Suddent and Urgent Needs Effort Fund provides a quick funding response in order to avoid the loss of a critical safety net service or opportunity where other funding sources are not available. Grants are available for the following:
- An urgent need resulting from the Hill and/or Woolsey Fire that could not have been anticipated and where there is no other source of funding.
- Critical equipment needed to respond to the Hill and/or Woolsey Fire (excluding computer equipment) that could not have been anticipated or budgeted.
- Providing the ability to take advantage of an unforeseen opportunity.
To be eligible for funding applicant organizations must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Provide programs and services directly benefiting Ventura County residents
- Demonstrate that services are open and not discriminatory
- Applicants providing support or case management to individuals or families directly impacted by the fires should be engaged with the 2-1-1 intake and application process.
Applications for the following will not be considered:
- Lost revenue due to closure or cancellation of services
- Political or partisan purposes
- Religious activities
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment funds, capital campaigns or annual fund drives
- Purchasing computer equipment
Applications for the Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden and Urgent Needs Effort Fund are being accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis. Organizations wishing to apply must complete and submit the attached application and budget forms (and fiscal sponsorship information, if applicable). Additional information may be requested once your application is reviewed. Applicants will generally be notified of decisions within two weeks after receipt of an application. Please submit applications through the website at www.vccf.org.