Nonprofit Town Hall
Assemblymember Steve Bennett, in partnership with Ventura County Community Foundation and Center for Nonprofit Leadership CLU, hosted nonprofit organizations to a town hall to discuss state budget updates and its impact on the nonprofit community.
Asm. Bennett honored his 2023 Nonprofit of the Year, Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE), at the event.
Invitees heard from a panel of experienced nonprofit leaders who will take questions, address challenges, and share ways to strengthen partnerships throughout the county.
- Central Coast Climate Justice Network
- Interface Children & Family Services
- Westminster Free Clinic
- Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV)
The panel was moderated by Dena Jenson, Director of Center for Nonprofit Leadership CLU.
California Nonprofit Equity Initiative Legislation
AB-885 Public contracts: nonprofit organizations; Introduced by Assembly Member Luz Rivas. (2023-2024)
AB-590 State-funded assistance grants and contracts: advance payments; Introduced by Assemblymember Gregg Hart. (2023-2024)
- AB 590 Fact Sheet
AB-696 State agency grants and contracts. Introduced by Assembly Member Josh Lowenthal (2023-2024)
- AB 696 Fact Sheet
AB-860 Grant programs: administration. Introduced by Assembly Member Avelino Valencia. (2023-2024)
- AB 860 Fact Sheet
AB-619 State government: emergency services: nonprofit service providers. Introduced by Assembly Member Vince Fong. (2023-2024)
- AB 619 Fact Sheet
SB-336 State grant programs: negotiated indirect cost rates. Introduced by Senator Umberg. (2023-2024)
- SB 336 Fact Sheet
SB-557 California Prompt Payment Act: nonprofit organizations. Introduced by Senator Monique Limón. (2023-2024)
- SB 557 Fact Sheet
Partner/Panelist Bios (View PDF)
- Dena Jenson, Director, CLU Center for Nonprofit Leadership
- Mike Silacci, Chief Philanthropy Officer, Ventura County Community Foundation
- Kelly Brown, Community Impact Officer, Interface Children and Family Services
- Nicki Parr, Chief Operating Officer, Women’s Economic Ventures
- Lisa Safaeinili, Executive Director, Westminster Free Clinic
- Lucas Zucker, Member, Central Coast Climate Justice Network
- CalNonprofits: https://calnonprofits.org
The California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofits) is a statewide membership organization that brings nonprofits together to advocate for the communities we serve.