WVCBA announces annual Award of Excellence recipients
Recipients of the Chairperson’s Awards of Excellence for 2021
The West Ventura County Business Alliance, the chamber of commerce serving Camarillo and Oxnard, is pleased to announce the annual Chairperson’s Awards of Excellence recipients.
Honorees will be celebrated at the WVCBA’s Annual Meeting and Installation of Directors on Friday, March 4, beginning at 11:30 a.m. at the Courtyard By Marriott in Oxnard.
These six, dedicated individuals were selected by outgoing Chair of the Board Tracy Perez, Market Manager – ManpowerGroup, and represent leaders who made significant contributions to the success of the WVCBA.
- Dona Lacayo, Chief Commercial and Public Affairs Officer – Port of Hueneme
- Andrew Kiefer, Managing Director – CBIZ MHM
- Peter Zierhut, Vice President of Outside Operations – Haas Automation
- Celina Zacarias, Senior Director of Community and Government Relations – CSUCI
- Roberto Martinez, CEO & President – Boys & Girls Club of Camarillo
- Vanessa Bechtel, President and CEO – Ventura County Community Foundation
In addition, the WVCBA named Anthony Luna, Senior Product Advisor and Business Solutions Consultant of Heartland Payment Systems, as Ambassador of the Year and Yuliana Gonzalez, Executive Director of Camarillo Hotel and Tourism Association, as the Ken Cunningham Award recipient.
The luncheon also represents an opportunity to meet the WVCBA’s new Board of Directors, celebrate its successes from 2021, and understand its priorities for 2022 under Chair of the Board Dawn Simmons, Financial Advisor with Edward Jones. Graduates of the 2020-2021 Oxnard Leadership Program also will be recognized:
- Joshua Beck, Zuviam LLC
- Nathan Glyer, Montecito Bank & Trust
- Maya Hoholick, City of Ojai
- CAPT. Kirk Lagerquist, Naval Base Ventura County
- Alejandra Lopez, The Port of Hueneme
- Susana Lopez-Garcia, Community Action of Ventura County
- Ashley Montgomery, Hampton Inn Camarillo
- Mayra Plascencia, Oxnard School District