About the Ventura County Counts Census 2020 Initiative
To protect federal funding and Congressional representation in Ventura County by encouraging all to participate in the 2020 Census.
Our Specific Goals Include:
- Working in concert with diverse stakeholders and government agencies from various sectors to ensure a full, fair, and accurate count Countywide.
- Avoiding duplication of outreach efforts and maximize limited resources.
- Developing a Countywide education and outreach plan for hard-to-count (HTC) communities.
- Collaboratively building a budget needed for this outreach and working in tandem with neighboring Counties’ efforts.
- Strengthening local nonprofit organizations internal capacity and external influence through grantmaking and collaborations.
- Creating a regional and local funder table to ensure funders are organized and strategically aligned so we can strategically maximize funding for our County.
- Building a robust and meaningful network with diverse leaders from all corners of our community